Hold a Drive for Critically Needed Items
Drives are a great way to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable people and get your entire company, school, place of worship, or even friends and family involved. Socks, underwear, toiletries, and small winter apparel items are especially needed.
Just download a flyer for one of our current drives, and share it with those you’d like to participate. Drives are easy to run and have a big impact on people’s health, warmth, safety, and comfort.
PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF AT 12 WISE STREET. Keep our community housing programs residents healthy, we continue working remotely and there is no place to leave packages if we aren’t there. Thank you!
Group, Evening, and Weekend Opportunities
Sponsor and serve a meal at Woods Mullen Women’s or Southampton Men’s Emergency Shelters. The shelters love the help, and your companionship means a lot to shelter guests. You can also host an activity like Bingo on the night you serve, which is especially nice when people are stuck inside during the winter months.
Help People Achieve Independence
Give back to our community by donating your time and talents. Host a workshop, training, or activity and share your strengths with others. Some ways to get involved include:
- Assist with resume writing and interview preparation, one-on-one or in a small group.
- Host a life skills workshop in financial literacy, budgeting, time management, goal setting, conflict resolution in the workplace, etc., to help people succeed in their new jobs in the community.
- Tutor students in the Career Center’s computer lab.
- Assist learners with basic computer knowledge, online job searches, online job applications, setting up email accounts, and more.
- Lead a group activity focused on wellness and fitness, recovery/therapy, arts and crafts, and other related topics. Yoga, meditation, creative writing, music appreciation, and knitting are just a few examples.
Want to support Friends of Boston’s Homeless every time you shop? Sign up for Amazon Smile, and a percentage of your purchase will help fund our programs that help end homelessness for people who struggle on the streets and in shelters.Shop Amazon Smile
Purchase holiday cards and customized envelopes, all featuring winter scenes by renowned Boston street artist, Sidewalk Sam, for your colleagues, clients, and friends. Proceeds benefit Friends of Boston’s Homeless.Purchase Holiday Cards
Young Professionals Advisory Board
Our Young Professionals Advisory Board is a diverse group of Boston-area young professionals committed to raising support and awareness for our mission to end homelessness with warm hearts – and homes – for all. For more about this unique opportunity, please contact Mariann Bucina Roca at (617) 942-8671 or email email@example.com.
For more information about any of our programs or ways to get involved, please call (617) 942-8671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.